- Minimum of 24 hours classroom time. As this course is learner lead, these hours can run over.
- Maximum students – 6
- Suitable for any student who is entering a classroom training role in any industry.
Day 1 – Teaching & learning theory
Day 2 – Student 30 minute presentation with 1-2-1 feedback and development using video
Day 3 – Student 10 – 15 minute presentation and theory to cover all learner developmental needs
Can’t rate my experience at skypeople highly enough- the trainers are professional and passionate about what they do, they make the course content interesting and fun. I came away from the train the trainer course with a new found confidence which has opened doors for me and added another set of strings to my bow. If in doubt, just go for it, you won’t regret it. James Forrester, February 2019.
To be delivered by a skypeople approved Level 4 Training Instructor who is:
Open and honest, motivational, highly supportive to learner needs, encouraging mutual support and sharing experiences in a trusting respectful learning atmosphere.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the role and responsibilities of being a trainer
- Appreciate that being an effective and powerful trainer is a skill that can be acquired
- Practise how to create a safe, supportive, engaging and motivating learning environment
- Recognise the importance of preparation and clearly identify aims and objectives
- Explore the structure of sessions and apply powerful starters and finishers
- Explore the benefits of a variety of different teaching methods for different groups size/thinking/experience levels
- Learn a toolbox of techniques and mediums to present with confidence, impact and energy
- Design and deliver some short training sessions and receive feedback with the use of video for 5, 15 and 30 minutes.
- Explore different methods of assessment
- Reflect and evaluate your own delivery
- Experience your own growth in confidence